FOUNDER & CEO
Robert J. Chavez, President and CEO
Proficiencies: Business Management · Leadership · Analysis & Design · Strategy & Planning · Project Design, Implementation & Management · EPA, DOT & OSHA Regulatory Compliance · Customer Relationships - Strategic Partnering · Critical Problem Resolution · Risk Mitigation · Cost Containment Innovation · Best Practices Development · Operations & Finance · Quality Assurance · Executive Advisory
Capabilities: Robert has 30 years of strategic and tactical experience in the environmental & construction industries, and has provided comprehensive solutions to over 500 clients:
- Waste Management: Sampling & Analysis, Waste Disposal, Waste Transportation, Lab Packing, On-Site Waste Treatment and Recycling.
- Environmental Consulting & Analytics: Site Assessments, Facility & Compliance Audits, NEPA Assessments & Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Program Design, Planning & Permitting: Waste Management Program Design, Pollution Prevention Plans, Contingency Planning and Spill Response, OSHA, EPA & DOT Programs.
- Environmental Field Services: Emergency Spill Response, Decontamination, Remediation, Facility Closure, Meth Lab & Crime Scene Cleanup, UST/ AST Removal, Oil Water Separator Maintenance & Install and Mold Abatement.
- Utilities Design, Construction & Management: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Planning & Implementation, Water and Wastewater Facility Design, Underground Utilities Construction and Landfill Construction, Operation & Closure.
- Training: OSHA, EPA and DOT Training and Executive Advisory.
Career Highlights: As President and CEO of Advanced Environmental Solutions, Robert blends his extensive skills in management, project design and implementation with a profound understanding of EPA, DOT and OSHA compliance. In doing so, he oversees all aspects of company operations, assuring regulatory compliance and outstanding customer service within a safe work environment. Prior to his founding AES in 2000, he was the General Manager for Perma-Fix Environmental Services, where he was involved in supervision, budgeting, scheduling and project planning. He also led the development of comprehensive health and safety plans. Core initiatives included sampling, profiling and packaging of hazardous waste for shipment, site remediation design, execution and closeout, on-site treatment of RCRA characteristic and non-hazardous waste. He also managed and oversaw the Environmental Waste Management contract for the Department of Defense at Kirkland Air Force Base. Robert served as a Manager for Anachem Laboratories, directing all operational initiatives including supervision, budgeting, scheduling and marketing. His strategic rigor, combined with his tactical, day to day know how, enabled him to increase the client base from zero to 397 in a 5-year period. Robert led proposal development, contract negotiations, sampling, preparation of Chain of Custody forms, labeling, and sampling QA/QC. In 2005, he was named the New Mexico Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Social Responsibility: First and foremost, he treats his employees as family and with the utmost of respect. Robert has provided capital and time to the local public schools, helping high school and middle school athletes with equipment and environmental service work. He also has provided significant resources to enable Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church to remodel and upgrade their facilities. Robert is also involved in several local charities and takes his community involvement seriously.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Texas at Dallas, with a minor in Management Information Systems & Finance.
Certifications and Training: 40-Hour OSHA HazWopper, OSHA 8-Hour Refresher HazWopper Supervisor, 8-Hour RCRA Course, Hazardous Waste 265.16 Personnel Training. DOT Subpart H Hazardous Materials Training, Advanced Waste Management Training, GHS Training, Certified Adult CPR First Aid, OSHA Confined Space Training, PPE Training, Mold Remediation Training. Mold Inspector Training, Fall Protection Training, Respirator Training & Fit Tested, Confined Space Training, EPA Lead Safe Training.