AES handles a full spectrum of waste types.
We handle a full range of wastes that are regulated by the EPA under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA). This includes materials that are known or tested to exhibit one or more of the following four characteristically hazardous traits: ignitability, reactivity, corrosivity and toxicity. The regulation of hazardous waste is important to the protection of the environment, human health and your enterprise. The EPA has developed strict requirements for the storage, treatment and disposal of hazardous waste, and in addition to these federal requirements, states develop requirements that can be broader in scope than the federal regulations. Our experts know the subtle nuances of these requirements which help us deliver compliant strategies and effective waste management practices.
Whatever the initiative is, we measure up to the task.
Hazardous wastes require handling and disposal by proven experts. We have an exemplary record in safety, reliability and technical sophistication. This record allows us to offer generators of hazardous waste a superior package as leading provider of comprehensive waste management services. AES also handles non-hazardous waste in a safe and reliable manner. The types of waste we handle include and are not limited to:
- Flammable Gases: Aerosols, Propane, Butane, Lighters, Methane
- Non-Flammable Gases: Aerosols, Fire Extinquishers, Helium, Nitrogen
- Flammable/Combustible Solids: Acetone, Alcohols, Benzene, Diesel Fuel, MEK, Gasoline, Paints, Thinners, Solvents, Adhesives
- Flammable Solids: Matches, Sulfur, Red Phosphorous
- Spontaneously Combustible Solids: Activated Carbon, Barium, Phophorus , Oily Rags
- Dangerous When Wet Solids: Aluminum Powder, Calcium, Magnesium
- Oxidizers/Organic Peroxides/Reactive Wastes: Chlorates, Chorites, Nitrates, Perchlorates, Perchlorites, Permanganates, Peroxides, Sodium, Hypochlorite
- Poisonous & Toxic Materials: Pesticides, Phenol, Chloroform, Cresols, Cyanides, Mercury Compounds, Arsenic
- Infectious Substances: Regulated Medical Waste, Patient Specimens, Biological Products
- Corrosive Materials: Sulfuric Acid, Nitric Acid, Hydrochloric Acid, Hypochlorite Solutions, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide
- Special Waste: Petroleum Contaminted Soil, Asbestos Containing Materials, Industrial Solid Wastes
- Household Hazardous Waste: Paints, Solvents, Gasoline, Used Oil, Household Cleaners
- Demolition Waste: Construction Materials and Debris
- Used Oil Waste: Waste Oil, Oil Filters, Antifreeze, Oily Water, Diesel Fuel
- Universal Waste: Batteries, Pesticides, Mercury Containing Equipment, Bulbs (Lamps)
- TSCA Waste: PCB Ballasts, PCB Transformers, PCB Oils, PCB Contaminated Materials
- CERCLA Waste: Abandoned Hazardous Waste, Hazardous Materials Release